First mixture of three clinically confirmed biomaterials now accessible for the manufacture of medical gadgets corresponding to spinal and cardiovascular implants
FLOWOOD, Miss., Oct. 17, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Superior Polymers, an innovator in superior supplies for medical purposes, declares the launch immediately of Magnolia Trinity PEEK, bringing three clinically confirmed biomaterials collectively. Magnolia Trinity PEEK combines carbon fiber, hydroxyapatite, and polyether ether ketone—three vital supplies required in excessive efficiency medical purposes. Now, Magnolia Trinity PEEK brings unparalleled versatility, biocompatibility, and sturdiness for medical gadgets corresponding to orthopedic and cardiovascular implants or surgical devices, catheter parts, and extra.
“Superior Polymers pushed the boundaries of fabric science to create Magnolia Trinity PEEK,” mentioned Bob Fruge, Superior Polymers Director of Enterprise Improvement. “Bringing these three confirmed supplies collectively in a single utility is unprecedented. This novel composite materials is opening new potentialities for implantable polymer utilization for engineers, designers, and producers. We’re thrilled to deliver Magnolia Trinity PEEK to our clients and the market to in the end enhance affected person outcomes.”
A number of research have confirmed the constructive results of hydroxyapatite, carbon fiber, and polyether ether ketone.i Carbon fiber is famend for its distinctive mechanical properties, whereas hydroxyapatite is a pure mineral element of bone, identified for its osteoconductive means. Combining these supplies permits for the creation of multi-functional composites that may concurrently present structural help, promote bone progress, and resist put on.
Magnolia Trinity PEEK is instantly machinable and might be simply personalized to go well with particular medical system designs. This versatility permits for the creation of intricate and patient-specific implants.
Extra key options and advantages of Magnolia Trinity PEEK embrace:
- Fatigue resistance: Carbon fiber reinforcement enhances the fatigue resistance of PEEK.
- Diminished put on and friction for joint substitute and prosthetics: Excessive put on resistance and low friction properties as a result of presence of carbon fiber are advantageous in purposes involving articulating or sliding parts, corresponding to joint replacements and prosthetic gadgets.
- Osteoconductive potential: Hydroxyapatite is a naturally occurring mineral present in bone, and when mixed with PEEK, it enhances the fabric’s osteoconductive properties.
- Enhanced radiolucency: Carbon fibers improve the radiolucency in comparison with pure PEEK, which is comparatively radiopaque.
- Higher hemocompatibility: Greater crystallinity of the composite could induce much less hemolysis, thrombin technology, and scale back platelet adhesion making it a promising materials for cardiovascular purposes.
Magnolia Trinity PEEK is on the market now. To be taught extra and discover its potential purposes with a supplies knowledgeable, go to superior-polymers.com immediately to schedule a session. Representatives from Superior Polymers shall be attending the upcoming annual North American Backbone Society (NASS) occasion in Los Angeles, CA October 18 -21, 2023. To schedule a gathering please e mail Bob Fruge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Superior Polymers
Superior Polymers is a number one innovator in superior supplies, devoted to delivering cutting-edge options to industries worldwide. With a robust concentrate on customer support, our crew of consultants strives to create supplies that exceed expectations when it comes to efficiency, sustainability, and flexibility. Be taught extra at www.superior-polymers.com.
E-mail Tackle: email@example.com
Telephone Quantity: 601-345-4515
Firm Web site: http://www.superior-polymers.com
Social Media Hyperlinks: https://www.linkedin.com/firm/superior-polymers/
Melany Pleasure Beck | firstname.lastname@example.org
Cell: (737) 900-7986
A photograph accompanying this announcement is on the market at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/c3d86fcc-172b-4d59-b90c-e983978048cf