Newly Launched Q Steerage System with Backbone Steerage Software program Receives 2022 Backbone Expertise Award
October 12, 2022
KALAMAZOO, Mich.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Stryker (NYSE:SYK), one of many world’s main medical know-how firms, will function its suite of procedural options for spinal surgical procedure, together with its award-winning Q Steerage System with Backbone Steerage Software program, through the North American Backbone Society (NASS) annual assembly in Chicago, Oct. 12–15 (sales space #4211).
“Our increasing portfolio of differentiated spinal procedural improvements demonstrates our dedication to bringing state-of-the-art know-how to surgeons and their sufferers,” mentioned Robbie Robinson, President of the Backbone division, Stryker. “This has been an thrilling yr with a number of new merchandise launched, signifying the continued development of our Backbone enterprise. We’re thrilled to reconnect with present and make the acquaintance of future clients in addition to showcase our latest additions at NASS.”
The Firm will spotlight legacy options together with a number of newly launched merchandise, which embrace:
- Q Steerage System with Backbone Steerage Software program combines a redesigned, fourth era FP8000 digital camera with an intuitive person interface and complex algorithms to ship extra surgical spine planning and navigation functionality than ever earlier than. The Q Steerage System is the hub of Stryker’s absolutely built-in ecosystem, driving extra worth for its clients. With a sturdy product pipeline in place that can embrace Cranial Steerage Software program*, Stryker is positioned to offer a well-rounded, end-to-end steerage platform for its surgeon clients. The Firm can also be at the moment growing the Mako robotic know-how for spinal software that’s meant to combine with its navigation know-how**. Through the assembly, the Q Steerage System with Backbone Steerage Software program will likely be awarded the 2022 Finest Expertise in Backbone by Orthopedics This Week, which acknowledges excellence in innovation for the yr’s finest new applied sciences, together with their engineering groups and inventors.
- Monterey® AL Interbody System is a stand-alone interbody fusion machine designed for anterior lumbar interbody fusion. The System is the most recent cage constructed utilizing Tritanium In-Development Expertise and is validated by newly introduced pre-clinical knowledge demonstrating that undifferentiated stem cells grown on Tritanium exhibited osteogenic Alkaline Phosphatase with out requiring development issue dietary supplements.1,2
- Bone Mill+™ options an enhanced energy base, a brand new bone mill that may produce 46% extra bone yield, 99 occasions sooner in comparison with handbook milling, and a brand new disposable cartridge for automated tissue removing that’s 2.5 occasions sooner than handbook tissue removing.3
- OmniCurve™ is a curved balloon system constructed on the power of AVAflex balloon system and designed to boost the person’s capabilities and management. Enabling a one-handed method, it’s designed to achieve midline each time and provides unipedicular entry with bipedicular outcomes.4
Stryker will showcase its portfolio of spine options at NASS (sales space #4211), together with an opportunity to expertise the applied sciences hands-on throughout a Surgical Stadium occasion going down Friday, October 14, from 10:45 a.m.–12:00 p.m. within the Technical Exhibition McCormick Place, West Constructing, with proctors Drs. Shah Dodwad and Griffin R. Baum.
*Cranial Steerage Software program has not but obtained 510(ok) clearance to market.
**Mako for spine functions isn’t out there on the market.
Stryker is without doubt one of the world’s main medical know-how firms and, along with its clients, is pushed to make healthcare higher. The corporate provides progressive services and products in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, and Orthopaedics and Backbone that assist enhance affected person and hospital outcomes. Alongside its clients all over the world, Stryker impacts greater than 100 million sufferers yearly. Extra data is obtainable at www.stryker.com.
1. Stryker knowledge on file; RD 62430 Tritanium hMSC osteogenic differentiation.
2. Reza, A. et al. “Randomized porous titanium impacts cell morphology and induces stem cell differentiation in vitro.” Orthopaedic Analysis Society fifth Worldwide Backbone Analysis Symposium, 2019, 5: 83.
3. Stryker knowledge on file (10-minute Bone Mill+ cycle vs 10 minutes of handbook smooth tissue removing)
4. Stryker knowledge on file (Primarily based on fill quantity)
CONTENT ID: QGS-MM-2_3426
Andrea Sampson, Sampson Public Relations Group