- A number of dozen surgical procedures validate the SORA mannequin,
- Set up of a second unit on the Saint Charles Clinic (Lyon),
- Scheduled acceleration of this system beginning within the second quarter of 2022.
Eragny-sur-Oise, France, Could 12nd, 2022 08h45 CET – Protected (FR0013467123 – ALSAF), an organization specializing within the design, manufacturing and advertising of single-use applied sciences for spinal surgical procedures, delivering the most secure therapy for spinal fractures urgently handled, declares the set up of a second SORA unit in France and desires to speed up the SORA program.
Protected Orthopaedics reminds the worth of SORA:
– Assisted choice of implants and devices within the working room: SORA eliminates the chance of error in product choice, tracks lot numbers and informs all related hospital departments of what has been implanted.
– Automated replenishment and stock administration assist: By the automated ordering course of, SORA reduces supply instances after every operation, improves operational planning, and reduces hospital lead instances, assets and logistics prices.
– Digital assistant for surgeons and medical workers: SORA’s surgical documentation of implants and devices is accessible through the software program and on-line surgical help. SORA gives digital help through the interactive contact display. Protected Orthopaedics consultants can be invited nearly to reply questions earlier than, throughout and after surgical procedure.
As introduced on November 9, 2021, a primary SORA unit had been put in on the Convert Clinic in Bourg-en-Bresse and evaluated by Dr. Vallèse and Dr. Afathi and their medical workforce.
Dr. Pierre Vallèse, orthopedic surgeon, explains, “Sora was a little bit of a problem for our OR workforce, however inside just a few weeks it had discovered its place. It’s straightforward to make use of with an ergonomic and intuitive digital utility. We rapidly grew to become conscious of the advantages of this resolution on a number of ranges:
– The administration of implants is facilitated with a right away management of the inventory and a restocking ensured straight from the consumer to the producer. SORA ensures the provision of the implants and informs the workforce earlier than the beginning of the operation.
– The gathering of information regarding implant placements permits the inventory in place to be personalised over time. SORA ensures implant traceability that might simply be built-in into digital medical monitoring options.
– Group coaching is ensured by technical information sheets accessible at any time on the appliance, in addition to by distant video help if wanted. SORA is a window from the OR to the business.”
Dr. Mehdi Afathi, Neurosurgeon in Bourg–en-Bresse, confirms “After just a few months of utilizing SORA on the Convert clinic, we will see the curiosity of this platform for us, the surgeons, for the working room workforce, and for the clinic’s pharmacy. The working room nurses, who’re in direct contact with SORA, have been in a position to “get the hold of it” fairly rapidly and now grasp its use with none drawback. We observe that because of SORA, the shares crucial for the exercise of regulated and pressing spinal surgical procedure are all the time current, because of the automated replenishment. This improves the protection of the affected person who can profit from the optimum process at any time, and relieves your complete workforce, particularly within the pharmacy, whose workload is to some extent diminished.”
Protected Orthopaedics declares the set up of a second unit on the Saint-Charles clinic and plans to put in the third unit in a French college hospital within the coming weeks to finalize its French analysis and show its worth in facilities of various dimension and group.
Within the second half of the yr, Protected Orthopaedics goals at a sooner deployment in France, evaluations in Germany and the USA (facilities already recognized) and new functionalities.
“Initially, I want to thank Dr. Vallèse, Dr. Afathi and their groups for his or her involvement on this undertaking. In just a few months of use, now we have examined, improved and imagined the long run functionalities of SORA. Along with the benefits defined by Drs. Vallèse and Afathi, now we have famous a rise within the variety of surgical procedures carried out on the convert clinic, a discount in supply instances and in inventories, all of which serve each the clinic’s medico-economic and Protected’s monetary pursuits,” commented Pierre Dumouchel, Chairman and CEO of Protected Group. “New digital functionalities are deliberate for Could and the worldwide deployment of SORA continues to be deliberate for the second half of the yr, according to our 2022 strategic plan. Within the medium time period, we’re aiming to have SORA put in in all our main accounts”.
About Protected Group
Protected Group is a French medical expertise group that brings collectively Protected Orthopaedics, a pioneer in ready-to-use applied sciences for backbone pathologies, and Protected Medical (previously LCI Medical), a medical machine subcontractor for orthopedic surgical procedure. The group employs roughly 150 folks.
Protected Orthopaedics develops and manufactures kits combining sterile implants and single-use devices, accessible at any time to the surgeon. These applied sciences are a part of a minimally invasive method geared toward lowering the dangers of contamination and an infection, within the curiosity of the affected person and with a constructive affect on hospitalization instances and prices. Protected by 18 patent households, SteriSpineTM kits are CE marked and FDA accepted. Protected Orthopaedics is headquartered within the Paris area (95610 Eragny-sur-Oise) and has subsidiaries in the UK, Germany, the US and the Lyon area (Fleurieux-sur-l’Arbresle).
For extra data: www.safeorthopaedics.com
Protected Medical produces implantable medical gadgets and ready-to-use devices. It has an innovation middle and two manufacturing websites in France (Fleurieux-sur-l’Arbresle, 69210) and in Tunisia, providing quite a few industrial providers: design, industrialization, machining, ending and sterile packaging. Supported by the French stimulus plan in 2020, the corporate invests in additive printing and will probably be operational in 2022 on this new expertise.
For extra data: www.safemedical.fr
Chief Monetary and Administrative Officer
Tél. : +33 (0)1 34 21 50 00
Pierre-Louis Germain / +33 (0)6 64 79 97 51 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Bruno Arabian / +33 (0)6 87 88 47 26 / email@example.com